Sunday, March 01, 2009

SF Indie Wrap-up and Durango Prelude

So yesterday was THE FULL PICTURE'S last showing at SF Indie Fest and after 4 screenings in 3 weeks, I'm happy to report that the festival was incredible success. Every show was packed to the gills with enthusiastic, attentive crowds and press coverage could not have been better with seven interviews and four reviews to date. We were the best selling film of the entire festival and finally have the necessary -and complimentary- press coverage to fill our press kit. We were selected as one of only four films for a bonus screening at Sugarbowl ski area in Lake Tahoe and I was fortunate enough to be the only filmmaker in attendance. It was the first year that SF Indie tried such a thing but thanks to Alex West and some of my ol' buddies from my Tahoe days, we were able to drum up a good crowd.

I have two days to recharge the batteries before heading off to Colorado for Durango Independent and begin this cycle again. The past month has been a whirlwind but I honestly couldn't be more pleased with how the film is playing and the comments we've received. It's at moments like this, I begin to believe that we can be one of the lucky small films that finds its audience. Oh yeah, and we got into Somoma International too!

No comments: