Friday, February 06, 2009

OPENING NIGHT. Who Dat Being Interviewed?



The S.F. Indie Fest has officially begun! The night before the opening, I went down to the public access station and was interviewed by Bonnie Steiger of "Movie Close-up." It's a local show that I was originally on about 5 years ago. Take a look and let me know your thoughts. She's a fun one.

I also went to the opening night to pass out postcards and check out the films. Unfortunately, I only caught the tail end of the first film, but I was able to stay for all of FANBOYS which is a movie about four Star Wars fanatics in 1998 who go on a road trip from Ohio to San Francisco to break into Skywalker Ranch and watch the yet to be released Episode 1. Without getting to into it, I think the best part was the pre-show where they had Storm Troopers and a robotic R2-D2 outside the theater.

From the show, I walked the erie back roads from the Mission to Potrero Hill to attend the after party at the Cell Space. When I got there, the line was 20 people deep and it had begun to rain. Having been forced to go solo due to my wife being pregnant and just not "up to it," I couldn't stomach being alone AND drenched so jumped in the first cab available. Truly pathetic...but dry.

No comments: